Negotiations/Requests for Equitable Adjustments/Claims
- Negotiated Reversal of Improper Default Termination decisions converted into Terminations for Convenience with Costs.
- Negotiated Reversal of a negative Past Performance Evaluation on
behalf of the contractor based on non-contractual governmental actions
by the agency.
- Negotiated Reversal of Contracting Officer decision not to award
final option year on a multi-year contract based on abuse of
- Negotiations of REA’s with award of costs without need for Appeal.
- Negotiated Settlements during litigation.
- Submitted equitable adjustment for an aerospace company who had
filed for bankruptcy and recovered over 3 million dollars in settlement
allowing the company to pay all creditors and withdraw from the
- Prepared and negotiated a defective specification claim for an
aviation company that allowed them to increase the contract from 27
million dollars to over 60 million dollars based on the government’s
changes with all consulting fees recovered.
- Successfully settled a hazardous waste company’s equitable
adjustment for $363,000; this included the recovery of consulting fees.
- Successfully converted a media communications company’s default
termination into a termination for convenience and collected over 1.1
million dollars which included consulting and legal fees.
- A Mid-Central IT computer company that was terminated for
default based on negative past performance ratings, delays, and late
delivery, received a settlement based on our negotiations of defective
specifications and the client was awarded over 8 million dollars.
- A Construction paving contract settlement for a submitted and
negotiated REA on behalf of an airport runway construction company based
on constructive change orders and the case was settled for 1.2 million
- Submitted and negotiated a forest service company equitable adjustment with a global settlement of 650,000.00.
- An REA for over 7.5 million dollars for a ship building company
was negotiated with a settlement of 6.5 million dollars within 60 days.